Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pressed For Time...

So, in the beginning of this pregnancy, I said that I wanted everything complete by June, to give myself, the last 3 months to relax and do whatever I wanted. HA! Well...wishful thinking! Here I am, due in a few weeks, still working, signing up the kids for school tomorrow, 8 doctors appointments next week, a garage sale this weekend, and still a few more things that need to be done for the little guy, who could grace us with his presence at any time. Despite all of the demands that I have in the next week, I still wouldn't mind if he debuted a bit early! I have been productive though, today consisted of buttoning up a few designs, designing some new diabetic sheets for my 4 year old daughter, and making sure everything is in line for her grandparents while I'm on my "vacation", making some much needed phone calls, responding to e-mails, and eating a very deserved Chicago style deep dish pizza! So...I'm starting to feel a little pressed for time, and might just have to miss taking my kids to a few of those appointments next week myself...if I'm lucky! But you know what....even though I could go at any time...I really don't want to stop working...isn't that weird?! I guess that really shows that I love what I'm doing. I originally was going to stop working last week...but I really just don't want to. I enjoy being able to work and converse with new people, and with the clients that I have come to acknowledge as my friends. It can take a lot out of a person putting in the hours that I have been lately, but I wouldn't trade it. I am grateful, and actually usually look forward to my daily design tasks. That saying really is true "if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment