Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Calm Of The Storm

Ever have one of those days where you just want to sit in your bathtub, hug your knees, and rock yourself?! Yeah...we are pretty much to that point I would say.  Maybe it's because, last night, we had some good thunderstorms (I say good, because I love them...as long as I am not driving in them), but my kids....well they aren't really storm enthusiasts, so needless to say, they were up rather late, and today, are not very happy campers. I think we are averaging a melt down ever 5 minutes. Which right now, is leading to me wanting to have a melt down every 5 minutes. Don't get me wrong, there is a calm in "their storm" in between the tantrums, there is some running, and giggling, which would make you believe "hey, maybe it's over!" then...BAM...something opens the cage and releases the beast within! Something really simple, like what yogurt flavors we do and do not have! But you know what....props to kids.... how often are we adults emotional and cranky, and want to have a meltdown over things that simple?! I know it's happened to me, being the hormonal beach ball that I am right now, and I would LOVE to just burst into tears, stomp my feet, and let out that anger monster with a wail, and then two seconds later, have a smile on my face, without everyone looking at me like I was in need of some major help! They have the right idea...if you don't keep things trapped inside, you feel a heck of a lot better....even if it is for only 4 minutes!

3 comments:

  1. Haha~ I feel most people can relate to this scenario! Thanks for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome. The great thing about this post is that you admitted to it!

    ReplyDelete